Thursday, August 25, 2011

Follow-up

I had two follow-ups after my first appointment. Basically all she did was check my temp and asked how I was feeling.

Today I told her that everything in my pelvic region is doing good. She again expressed concern about doing at home insemination and is trying to encourage me to do intra-uterine insemination (IUI). (I'm saddened by this because it makes me feel like because I don't have a penis, I am incapable of knowing the insemination process and how it works. :( )

For now I think we're gonna keep trying the at home insemination(yes, we are), at least one (or 5) more go around. If I do have issues again with it then we will explore other options. Because if I keep having infections then it will destroy my chances of ever getting pregnant. (We're going to try taking benedryl before these next insems to see if that helps with the possible allergy. Also what I don't understand is that there's no real difference in our inseminations and doing an IUI. They just stick the swimmers into the uterus instead of making them go thru the cervix to get to the uterus. Wouldn't you still get an allergic reaction? I think so.)

So, we will try again this month. Maybe... I just gotta make sure everyone is back on board. But I think Amity is ready to try again (I never wanted to stop trying, but you're health comes first.). She asked me last night if I think I'm ready because I should know my body better then anyone else.

Well, that's it for now.
-Sheila- (commentary by Amity)

In the recent news about the earthquake on the east coast I share with you this picture that I thought was funny (because no real damage was reported).

4 comments:

  1. That picture made me giggle.

    Good luck w the insems! I suppose maybe the logic behind wanting you to not do at-home might just be that doing it through a doctor or whatevs means being in what is (allegedly) a sterile environment, vs doing it at home, in which case they have no idea what environment you'd be doing it in...except neither location would negate an allergic reaction. I say keep trying the at-home thing for now. It was your first time doing it before, it would have been amazing if everything had gone perfectly smoothly...this time you'll have a better idea of what to expect and how to handle things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Heather! The reasoning behind her wanting to do the IUI is not bc she feels were incompetent but bc she wants to play it safe. Its like you said Heather, she feels it would he more sanitary also to clean out the sperm. But I also feel like what's the difference between a heterosexual couple having sex and getting the sperm as is?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I hear ya. I suppose maybe it's just that in the case of a hetero couple, it's going straight from the peen into the lady parts, whereas here there are a few more steps? Still, though, I think you guys are good to go.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am maybe way late and haven't finished reading all of your blog but... some women are allergic to sperm. With an IUI they wash the sperm which generally removes the non sperm that triggers the allergy. My wife and I have done IUI at home. If someone teaches you once you will be all set. I may find you know all this when I finish reading but I just wanted to wish you luck!

    ReplyDelete