Friday, July 29, 2011

Needing ovulation vibes!

Sheila still hasn't ovulated this month and she's on cycle day 22!! This month has been SO weird! She's had all these "symptoms" eventhough she had a visit from the red lady the 8th of July.

All day long she had excrutiating pains in her lower abdomin area. It even hurt to place a hand on her tummy. She was SO tired and crabby. I think if she could've killed me, she would've.














So, we decided maybe we should get a pregnancy test just to be TOTALLY sure that she's not pregnant and there's something wrong. Then again, if it's negative and she's having these pains, maybe there's something wrong anyway which is also preventing her from ovulating.

Yes, it is from Wal-Mart. It's close and sort of cheaper. I can't believe for just this one it was almost $4! I should invent something to pee on and give you results in 1 minute just to have it be thrown away. I'd be rich! Hmmmm...what would people need results for that they could pee on a stick..? I'm talkin males and females, not just females. I'll ponder it and let you know if I decide on something.

Looking over the directions for the test we thought this diagram picture was funny. What girl can pee like that (in a stream) without getting it all over the place or even standing up at all unless you're in the shower? I'd like to meet them and learn their trick if there is such a person.




While I was admiring this and having a photo shoot, Sheila was doing her business and we finally got the answer we were wanting to know. Negative.

We're going to monitor this pain she's having and if it doesn't get any better, off to the doctor or hospital we go! I'm curious to know if an ectopic pregnancy will also show up as a negative. I know it's looking for hCG levels, but I wonder if it differs since the embryo isn't in the uterus. Maybe we should have them do an ultrasound just to be sure? We'll keep you all posted in the next few days if we decide to go get her checked out.










Happy thoughts and vibes for us that she will ovulate soon!
-Amity

3 comments:

  1. :( Hasn't she been having pains for a while? Hurry up and go to the doctor, man!!!

    Also, FYI, every time I've taken a preggers test (a surprising number of times...), I've pissed all over. Yuck-o.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should totally do an std stick lol even if its bogus people will buy it. And ectopics can show up either way just like a regular.....ie she might be prego but just not reading yet. I with heather guy should probably go to the doctor sooner rather than later

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh and your supposed to take a pee test with the first pee of the morning ;-)

    ReplyDelete