Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Fertility Friend is not being much of a friend...

You know this whole tracking temp thing is a bit useless if it doesn't tell you when you ovulate! Everything has been fine on the chart. Still tracking temps as the days go by and then all of a sudden, today's temp changed the entire chart from saying Sheila ovulated on day 18 to day 20! We didn't do anymore insems after day 19, so now I'm a little mad/confused at the damn thing.

I posted on the GLBT fertility forum that I'm on about this jump and someone said they had a theory and for me to "delete" the high temp on day 16 and put today's back in and see what happens and it still said O'd on day 20. GRRRR I'm still waiting for them to get back to me on said theory.

Something else to ramble about...
Sunday Sheila's family came over [read: invited themselves] for dinner. Let me explain so when Sheila reads this she doesn't fly off the handle...Saturday morning we both get a text from her mother asking if we can have dinner at our house. We, meaning Sheila, text her back and said sorry we don't have any food or money to buy food. So her mom said they'd bring us money to buy food, so they could come over Sunday for dinner. We weren't even going to go to her house Sunday because we don't even have money for gas. I remembered that I had a bunch of chicken legs from the Ranch Market and I figured I'll grill them and if they don't like it, oh well. End of convo for a little while. During the day we went to a wedding reception, we picked up our sample on the way home, and did our insem after we got home. Probably 10mins after we're done, Sheila's hips are propped up and everything is marinating inside, she gets a text that her parents are on the way over with money for us! We're like Oh.My.God we can't have them just come over and be like well Sheila's busy, thanks for the money, see ya later, bye bye! She hurried and text them and told them we weren't home and to come in an hour. Luckily they got it before they were here! PHEW! How embarrassing that would've been...HA! They got here, chatted and gave her money, and then left just to turn around and make the long journey back out to us again the next day.

So, Sunday they get here and I guess her mom asked her if we started trying yet as they were walking into the house and she said yes. Then everyone was like so are you pregnant yet and yadda yadda. Sheila tells them we won't find out for like 2 weeks. It kind of strikes me odd that the people that came to dinner that day, all have had children, and you'd think they would know about ovulation, proper length of time before a pregnancy test, and all that jazz, but I was wrong.

After running around like a crazy person I finally get the dinner made and put on the table. We sit down and then everyone is looking at me and then onto Sheila. It was the awkwardness of if we were going to say prayer or not. I don't do prayers. I will sit and bow my head out of respect if someone else is doing one, but me personally, not happening. Sheila looks at them and says, eat. Her mom looks all sad and Sheila says, well do you want to do a prayer then and she's like no it's your house you do what you want. So we eat and I think I got told 4 times that the chicken was really good by her mom in a 10 min time frame. OK thanks. Got it. She then said, it must be good he's already had two of them while pointing back at Sheila's dad with her thumb. He never even looked at me or anything the entire time he was here just played on his phone. Not a huge surprise since that's how he is at the grandparent's house too. We played Guitar Hero for a little bit and they got ready to leave. Everyone gets up and says they're goodbyes and her dad walks right past me and hugs Sheila 2 feet in front of me and does the I love you sign right in her face and leaves without looking back. I've come to terms that he's going to always hate my guts and even more so, now that we're going to bring a child into this "disgusting life" we live. You can't win them all, right? It just makes me feel like a piece of shit.

We're not going to dinner this Sunday. Sheila says we've seen them 3 weeks in a row, it's time for a break. Fine with me. It's a holiday weekend after all. That being said, I hope everyone has a safe and eventful weekend, if I don't post anything else before then. :)

-Amity

1 comment:

  1. I love you, boo, don't feel like a piece of shit. :( That makes me sad.

    Dude, I totally feel you on the prayer thing! Obviously my family is big into prayer, and I'm down with that, I bow my head while they do their thing...but sometimes my dad tries to call on me to say it, and I'm like "uh...no. I don't pray out loud." Also, Joel's family says a prayer before big family meals (one of those memorized prayers...), and every time we're at a family gathering, after the prayer is said Joel and his mom are both like "oh, we totes need to teach you the prayer still!" And again, I'm like "uh...no." I told Joel once that even if he taught it to me, I wouldn't say it...but they still always say they need to teach it to me. Urg. Praying.

    Anyway, I hope despite the ovulation issues that it takes! Fingers crossed!!!

    ReplyDelete