Thursday, June 16, 2011

Getting to be about that time...

So, Sheila wrote a letter to her family about how she felt they were treating us and to let them officially know our baby plans. They read it and comprehended most of it, so hopefully they'll be better. We hadn't seen them in 2 weeks to let them sort of get over the letter and any bad thought and/or feelings about the last part which stated we were going to try to expand our family. It didn't say how soon or anything like that..just that we were. Out of them all, her mom told her that her dad took it the worst. Was expected. My biggest fear/concern was them being overly friendly and loving (fake), which was sort of happened this last Sunday. Her dad was standing at the door and hugged her when we walked in and was smiling, still didn't wave or anything to me (which is fine) because at least he was finally showing her some sort of affection and not alienating her. Her mom was right after him, hugging us, and throwing her arms up and saying YAY loudly in excitement like we were the greatest things since sliced bread. Josh hugged us right after them, but he always does, so that wasn't out of the ordinary, then came the grandparents. They usually hug us too, so it wasn't that big of a surprise. It was like a parade of people, full of excitement that we were there. That hadn't happened in a while. It was all kind of overbearing (for me anyway). Nothing was really brought up about our impeding plans, just the small mention of what we could name the kid if it were a girl. Believe me, it's not happening! Anyway, dinner as a whole was OK, it was just the awkward overly happy moments that took place as we stepped foot into the house. Hopefully it continues to move forward and be less weird.
In other news.....If all our charting is correct, we should be doing our first insemination this weekend/early week. Gotta get in touch with our donor and hash over the details. I think I want to insem more than one day just to be sure, but it all depends on him. Most of the other women I've been talking to and learning from usually insem the night before and the day of ovulation. They also don't usually have a known donor at their expense. I'm just nervous that I won't do it right and it'll be my fault if she doesn't get knocked up. We didn't get the Cystic Fibrosis (CF) or Cytomegalovirus (CMV)testing done because it was ridiculous how expensive it was! $800 just for the CF test alone!! We learned later that they can test for all of that after you're pregnant and it won't cost you an arm and a leg. We wanted to test before because they can cause birth issues, but I guess we'll see. Keep your fingers, toes, arms, legs, whatever you've got to cross and send lots of baby dust our way!! (been on the fertility boards a little too much..) Hopefully this process will go by quickly and we won't have to repeat this for months and months and months. I'll update probably later in the week on the experience of all that will have happened.

-Amity

4 comments:

  1. Very cool guys. I think its a good thing...Mormons tend to try to be over friendly with things like this but it comes from an honest attempt to be nice and make you feel accepted. Hopefully that is what is happening here. A try at least. Dont stress too much- that kid is going to be quite a catalyst for good in your life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen to everything Aiden said. Also, I know when I find out someone is upset with me about something, the next time I see them I get a little over the top with my friendliness because I feel bad and try too hard to make up for it...that could be part of why they were so over-enthusiastic to see you guys. I'm sure it'll get more relaxed as time goes on.

    Yayayay for you guys!!! Don't be nervous, Amity, I'm sure everything will go smoothly. And I'll be sending LOTS of baby dust your way! :D I'm so excited for you guys! I can't wait to teach your kids fucked up stuff, like that a table is called "chair" and a chair is called "table." ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do hope they chill out! I don't know if I can take that much excitement about seeing me from anything else but my furry, four legged kids.

    Haha! You know I thought about doing the exact same thing! Also, incorrect animal noises! I think it'll be fun! "The black and white spotted horse with utters, says Cock-a-doodle-doo!" :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Son of a bitch, I just posted this great comment and then forgot to do the capcha thing and exited out of the window before it posted...

    They'll chill out, it's just hard to moderate your behavior at first when you're trying really hard to behave better than you formerly have been.

    RICKY told me that he and Ashley are going to wait to have kids until we do, so he'll have someone to mess with the way I mess with his kid. Works for me, because I'm totally going to eff with my kids, too. :D My big plan for RICKY and Ashley's kids is to teach them dirty words, then teach them to blame it on Joel when they get asked who taught them that.

    ReplyDelete